Terms and conditions template for website usage
The term ' Mech-Mate ' (Mech – Mate part of Classicarco Limited Registration number 08577316)
or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 9, Kellet Road Industrial Estate,
Carnforth, Lancashire, LA5 9XP United Kingdom Our company registration number is 08577316.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Mech-Mate and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Mech-Mate. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Mech-Mate Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Mech-Mate is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mech-Mate may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [date].
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and address
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Barbara Walbank Unit 9, Kellet Road Industrial Estate, Carnforth, Lancashire,
LA5 9XP United Kingdom
Controlling your personal information
This policy aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. The information that we collect from you is only that required by us and/or any third party associated with us in order for us to provide you with the goods or services that you have requested.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
“Personal information” is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally. When you visit Mech-mate's website, e-mail or call us you may be asked to provide information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and other personal information.
We handle all information provided to us in a secure manner and treat it as completely
confidential. Your personal information is collected only as necessary to respond to your
enquiries, supply you with requested services or goods and to provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
Your personal information will never be shared with any third parties not connected on specific transactions in which we are engaged with you.
WE PROVIDE encrypted sending and receiving OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS
YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND CREDIT CARD DETAILS . All your personal data is stored in 256
Bit ESA encryption on our databases. Your payment details are destroyed after use on your order.
Personal and customer records are held securely on our system and will not be disclosed to any outside 3rd parties.
In this way information passed between your computer/device and our website the encryption makes intercepting it extremely difficult and unlikely for unauthorised people to see. All credit and debit card transactions take place in a secured environment, always check there is a padlock shown in any browser of any site you use. We will only use SSL Technology to protect your data, please ensure that you set 'Allow all Cookies' for mech-mate.co.uk as blocking Cookies can affect your order information.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep paper documents which may contain your personal information for 7 years from your last interaction with us as this is a legal requirement. These files are kept in a secure manner, we will not keep any digital copies of sensitive personal information.
Once your transaction has taken place, or you have informed us that you are no longer interested in our services, then we will not use your personal data to market our services to you, unless deemed appropriate and specifically agreed.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
OPTING OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBING FROM MARKETING MESSAGES
If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing messages, you may respond to the message
you have received requesting to unsubscribe or alternatively you could contact
Unit 9 Kellet Road Industrial Estate Carnforth Cumbria LA5 9XP
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Classicarco Limited trading as Mech Mate is committed to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data
LAST UPDATED – 1 SEPTEMBER 2019.
Currently the website does not provide for payments at all but if this is added this wording will need to be included here.
Please confirm what tech back end you have or will have in place to secure the Personal Data so this can be reflected here
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Mech – Mate part of Classicarco Limited Registration number 08577316
© Copyright 2019 Mech - Mate All rights acknowledged and reserved.